Tuesday 24 July 2012

That Church Choir

I see them mostly on Sundays
In their uniforms as they stand to present their song
At times its more than one song
I see them early on Sunday morning
As they trickle in, in ones and twos
As they do their short pre-Service rehearsal
I see them on Saturday evening
Rehearsing in readiness for Sunday......more after the cut
I see and I appreciate
Their dedication and commitment
I appreciate that they demonstrate
Knowledge of the MUSIC
I see the care they put into
Preparing the MESSAGE
I see that they don’t neglect
The ‘health’ of themselves, the MINISTER
In the way they manage to
Create time to FELLOWSHIP together
I can see also that they have acquired
The sound and adequate ORIENTATION
As evident in hardwork and care
They put into PREPARATION
And the manner they
Carry out their PRESENTATION
Caring so much about
What the Congregation SEE
What they HEAR
And what they FEEL
I am quite sure there is sound organization
In their INTERNAL ENVIRONMENT
Because they have made
Their EXTERNAL ENVIRONMENT so attractive
Its like they see themselves as a COMPANY
Yet they come across to me
As a MINISTRY fulfilling their calling
I wonder how they still manage
To be a beautiful ARTISTIC GROUP
Hmmm..…that Church Choir


No comments:

Post a Comment